Wujiang, China, July 24-28, 2019- Delta Electronics (Thailand) PCL. sponsored student teams from top universities in Thailand, India and Vietnam at the 6th Delta Advanced Automation Contest (Delta Cup) at Wujiang, China. With 79 teams from 72 colleges and universities taking part this year, Delta Thailand teams faced intense completion from elite teams from Taiwan, China and the Netherlands under the event theme-Seeking Smart IIoT Talents.
At the opening ceremony, Mr. Yancey Hai, Delta Electronics Inc. Chairman said, “Talent is the key factor in building smart cities and accelerating the social and economic development of humanity. Delta has faced talent shortage challenges during its own process of smart manufacturing transformation. The Delta Cup Advanced Automation Design Contest is a way to conquer this challenge. Combining Delta’s advanced smart manufacturing concepts and technology with cooperation between governmental organizations, corporations, and universities, we hope to cultivate and find more talent. From previous experience, this contest is a great platform for students to understand the trends of smart manufacturing with real practices.”
This year’s Delta Cup included three major categories: Innovative Machines, Smart Factory, and Better Future Living. Delta Thailand sponsored three teams each from Thailand and India and two teams from Vietnam. For the first time one team from the Netherlands represented Europe at the competition. All the teams competed for the top three Grand Prizes followed by First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize and CTO Special Awards.
During the grueling four-day contest, contestants had to pass two stages including a team competition and a championship contest followed by a proposal introduction, demo kit display and Q&A with the judge panel.
The three Thai teams participating at the Delta Cup this year received the following awards:
• Team Woodpecker from King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok won 2nd prize for its Flood Management by IIoT project.
• Team KU Non-Stop from Kasetsart University won 2nd prize for its Smart Real-Time Supply Chain project.
• Team The Presenters from King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang won 3rd prize for its Industrial AR Demo Kit project.
In addition, the three Indian teams and two Vietnamese teams sponsored by Delta won prizes:
• Team The Neat Fleet from R.V. College of Engineering, India won 1st prize for its Solar Panel Cleaning Robot project.
• Team Easy Maintenance from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam won 1st prize for its Power Cable Inspector (PI) project.
• Team B-IoTians from Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, India won 2nd prize for its IoT Based Smart Factory for Additive Manufacturing System (ISFAMS) with Visual Inspection using Machine Learning Approach project.
• Team Neurons from Vellore Institute of Technology, India won 2nd prize for its A Friendly Chair for Your Care project.
• Team IOTSP from Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam won 3rd prize for its Smart Parking System project
Among the above teams, Team Neat Fleet from RV College of Engineering, India had the most votes from all participants for its outstanding Solar Panel Cleaning Robot (1st prize) project. This green smart solar panel cleaning solution saves water without additional power supplies. The solution’s cleaning equipment adopts Delta’s PLC to collect and monitor output power while comparing with optimum calculated parameters. The soltuion runs on solar energy and uses WLAN to transfer operation status to a cloud platform for monitoring via Wifi.
Since 2016, Delta Thailand sponsored prize-winning teams from Thailand’s Chulalongkorn University, Kasetsart University, King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL) and King Mongkut's University of Technology campuses in North Bangkok (KMUTNB) and in Thonburi (KMUTT). Delta’s offers training and sponsorship in the Delta Automation Academy, Delta Automation Labs and Delta Cup as part of its commitment to develop society and support Thailand’s competitiveness in the Industry 4.0 Era.
As a regional provider of automation solutions, Delta commits to fostering world-class engineering talent in Thailand and Asia. The Delta Cup attracts global talent aims to support development in automation technology education. The contest reflects Delta’s brand promise of “Smarter. Greener. Together” by driving innovation in smart and eco-friendly industrial automation solutions.